This dome definitely adheres to what I discovered while I was re-reading David Pearson’s classic The New Natural House Book, which came about because David took one of the author Helmut Zeihe’s workshops we offered.
David talks about the Gaia concept which basically says that Planet Earth is a living breathing entity that has its water systems acting as a human’s blood and arteries and the trees especially as rainforest acting as the lungs.
Design for HARMONY with Planet Earth
1. Use the sun, wind and water for most of your energy needs and site and shelter your living space to take advantage of renewable resources.
2. Use GREEN products that are produced with the least amount of energy, environmental and social costs. Use products that are BIODEGRADABLE, easily REUSED and RECYCLED.
3. Use “intelligent” controls in design or renovation of the living space that regulate energy, heating, cooling, water, airflow and lighting.
4. Integrate your home with local ECOSYSTEM and COMPOST, use NATURAL pest control, recycle rainwater, and use low-flush or waterless toilets.
5. Design systems that prevent export of pollution to air, water and soil.
Design for PEACEFUL SPIRIT
1. Make your living space HARMONIOUS with its environment.
2. Collaborate to develop a HOLISTIC, LIVING design.
3. Use proportions, forms and shapes HARMONIOUSLY creating BEAUTY and TRANQUILITY.
4. Use NATURAL dyes, paints and stains to create a PERSONAL and THERAPEUTIC color environment.
5. Site your living space to be LIFE ENHANCING and increase the wellbeing and life force of its occupants.
6. Connect your living space with the NATURAL world and the rhythms and cycles of Planet Earth.
7. Make your living space a HEALING environment.
Design for HEALTHY BODY
1. Create a living space that BREATHES!
2. Do not site or build near ELECTRO MAGNETIC RADIATION! Also stay away from negative ground radiation. Design to prevent build-up of static and EMF.
3. Provide sources of SAFE and HEALTHY air and water. Create good humidity, negative-ion balance and pleasant fragrance from herbs, materials and polishes. Use NATURAL air flow and ventilation.
4. Create a QUIET living space free from external and internal noise.
5. Design to allow SUNLIGHT and DAYLIGHT to penetrate your living space so you do not have to rely on artificial lighting.
Yes this is a tall order but I believe this is no longer a hoped for way of building and renovating but a MUST!
Chief Evangelist & Founder